Salmon Sims Thomas & Associates is currently seeking a Tax Senior who has worked in tax through at least three busy seasons in a public accounting environment.
- Experience preparing a variety of complex business and individual tax returns including:
- Federal Forms 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S and 1041, and
- Texas Franchise Tax Returns and other state and local income tax returns
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Ability to recognize and solve problems
The ideal candidate would also have the following experience and qualifications:
- Form 990 preparation
- Real estate partnerships
- CPA certification or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam
- ProSystem Tax and GoFileRoom software
- QuickBooks, BNA research software
Salmon Sims Thomas provides client-centered tax, audit and business advisory services to privately-held businesses and individuals. Our firm has a solid reputation built on more than 25 years of personal service, cooperative effort and professional competence. From our offices in Dallas and Arlington, Texas, we serve clients across the nation.
Organized by industry sectors, Salmon Sims Thomas team members are immersed in the unique regulations of a particular sector. We specialize in the areas of career schools & colleges, nonprofit, employee benefit plans, real estate, and family-owned business. Members of our team dedicate their careers to the specialty area they serve. Their industry relationships and depth of knowledge give them insight into our clients’ specific challenges and opportunities.
Not too big. Not too small. If you want to be an important part of a team and make an impact in business, Salmon Sims Thomas is your place. Partners and all team members pitch in and contribute to the ideas and creativity needed to serve our clients. At Salmon Sims Thomas, we believe in a work/life balance and provide benefits that encourage and reward dedication while supporting the value of personal time.
Our professionals stay on top of the ever-changing tax laws and look for every opportunity to save the client money. Our firm’s size is an asset to clients who want a personal approach, yet want the resources that come from a variety of disciplines and industry experience. We are committed to proactive, timely filing with an eye for the compliance issues that are critical to the client’s business.
Our goal is to save clients money through a variety of tax strategies. Tax-related assistance includes:
- Tax Planning
- Tax Controversy
- Preparation of Tax Returns
- Representation before the IRS
- Tax Projections
- Transaction Planning
- Tax Compliance Reviews
- Estate and Retirement Planning
Salmon Sims Thomas gives our tax professionals the opportunity to gain experience in numerous tax areas and client industries while preserving work/life balance.